How to Apply
1. Getting informed with regard to the conditions that have to be fulfilled in order to apply for and obtain a visa for Romania. By accessing the informative sections of the E-VIZA external gateway, documentation of interest is available.
2. Identifying whether you are subject to the visa obligation or not. Upon accessing the E-VIZA external gateway – the “Get informed” section, by filling-in the data regarding your nationality, the purpose of your journey, the type of your travel document, as well as the information referring to whether your travel document is biometric or not, you can find out if depending on your particular situation, you are subject to the Romanian visa requirement or not. The same operation can be performed in the section: "Do you need a visa?". In case you are not subject to the visa requirement, please refer to the section regarding the "Conditions of entry in Romania" section, in order to check the conditions that must be fulfilled in order for aliens to be allowed entry on the territory of Romania.
4. Sending your visa application file for validation. Once filled-in, you can revise and update your visa application, in order to make sure that the information you provide is correct and complete. After you verify all your information, send your application file that will contain the application form and the supporting documents, to the diplomatic mission and consular post of your choice. This step will allow the consular staff to validate your file before you present yourself in person. The validation process will be completed either through a request for additional information, or through the validation of your application file, by the consular staff. Should additional information be required, please fill-in the respective information and resend your application file, by repeating these steps until your application file is deemed as valid. Please note that by having a validated application file that also contains supporting documents uploaded in the external gateway, you can avoid being asked for additional information / documents when you present yourself in person at the diplomatic mission/consular post. You can pass to the next step only if your application file is validated (i.e. marked as “Valid”).
5. Scheduling an appointment. In view of lodging the supporting documents required along with your visa application, you can schedule an appointment in order to present yourself at the diplomatic mission/consular post. So as to establish a timeframe suitable for yourself, you can choose from the timeslots that are available for the diplomatic mission / consular post of your choice.
6. Lodging your visa application file personally. You lodge your visa application at the diplomatic mission / consular post of your choice, by presenting yourself in person at the scheduled date and time. The visa application file that you personally submit must contain all the supporting documents in original and in copy. In order to lodge your visa application file, you must sign the application form in front of the consular staff, as well as pay the corresponding visa fee.
7. Checking the status of your visa application. The diplomatic mission / consular post of Romania will inform you via eMail, with regard to the status of your visa application. The status of the application will also be available by accessing the account associated to your file created in the external gateway. After your application is decided upon, you can present yourself at the diplomatic mission/consular post of Romania, where it was lodged, in order to pick up your passport and the affixed visa sticker, if the decision on your application is positive.